Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Work in Progress - Wonderland



For me, Tokyo is like a giant amusement park. Attractions, distractions, and intrigue wherever you turn, in every nook and cranny. Everything you need to live is right at your fingertips, and everything you could want is available if you know where to look. This place even shuts down at night, as if everyone living here is just a visitor and after midnight we all go back to our boring real life. Then it starts all over again. I could spend a lifetime exploring.

This drawing is about being Alice (Pizza Face), flying kites with schoolchildren, and the anticipation of spring.

2 comments:

Lauren Davis said...

I really love this drawing in its unfinished state as it is, but I can't wait to see the finished one. I hope Pizza face is having fun in Japan Land.

Ian J. said...

Can't wait to see how you color this. Also, grats on the SoI. Now you have to painstakingly wait until May to find out if you win any cash.